[Rubygems-developers] Please review GemspecReference

Gavin Sinclair gsinclair at soyabean.com.au
Sun Sep 12 05:35:04 EDT 2004

Hi folks,

I've pretty much finished the gemspec reference, and would appreciate
comments.  It would be nice to get this perfect in time for 0.8.0.

In particular, there's a latent attribute called 'docs'.  It's been in the
spec for ages, but isn't used anywhere.  Can we get rid of it?

All this spec stuff has got me thinking: we could create an app to
generate gemspecs.  It could ask the user a few questions and generate a
.gemspec file, with comments therein to advise on further values to fill
in.  Just a thought.

Cheers,
Gavin