[Rubygems-developers] Wiki Spam

Curt Hibbs curt at curthibbs.us
Wed Sep 8 23:13:01 EDT 2004

Gavin Sinclair wrote:

> A) Who's "we"?
> B) What's the solution?
> C) Why doesn't anyone appear to listen to my suggestion for preventing
> wiki spam?  (Which is: disallow edits containing more than N -- e.g. N = 2
> -- external links.)
>
> Gavin

Austin Zeigler is adding authentication to Ruwiki and Tom Copeland is
marrying that to the RubyForge login. This means that only users who have
logged in to RubyForge will be able to edit wiki pages. Ruwiki will then
become the standard wiki for RubyForge. This work is very nearly completed.

Existing RubyForge wikis can continue to use their existing wiki and convert
their content at their leisure (both wikis can run side-by-side on each such
project), but obviously those of us who have been spammed often have an
incentive to convert soon.

Curt