[Rubygems-developers] Nice article on Apple's site...

Richard Kilmer rich at infoether.com
Wed Sep 8 14:34:56 EDT 2004

There is a marketing line which says "even bad press is good press" because
it gets people to hear/see you.  Regardless of our less than favorable view
of CPAN, lots of folks use it.

I am working on a graphical user interface for Win32 for RubyGems, then will
be working on an OS X native interface for it.  In both cases, the GUI will
not replace the command line interface, but be targeted at a very different
crowd...the 'GUI makes it real' crowd.  I am not one of that crowd, but if
it gets folks into using Ruby and the libraries written for Ruby, then its
way worth it.

Oh, and 'CPAN-like' is how the author of that article chose to characterize
RubyGems.  I don't know who wrote the article, or what their experience is
with Ruby, but again, its really no big deal to me.  If I got upset every
time someone mischaracterized something I created, I would be a very
depressed person.

Random thoughts back at ya! :-)