[Rubygems-developers] require_gem 'extensions/string' b0rked

Richard Kilmer rich at infoether.com
Fri Sep 3 11:39:49 EDT 2004

Since we are using require, I will add the function to optionally pass the
version number for evaluation as a second parameter to require.  The issue
here is that extensions/string is jamming together two namespaces. The first
is the 'rubygems' gem name, the second assumes that you have the gem name in
your lib dir and then the second part (string) under that.  I would rather
keep the namespace of the file being required separate from the gem name
even if convention has folks create a mirrored naming structure.  Does that
make sense?

-rich