[Rubygems-developers] Overriding UI (for Gemini, the Glade Ruby Gems GUI)

Chad Fowler chad at chadfowler.com
Fri Oct 29 08:25:54 EDT 2004

On 28-Oct-04, at 7:59 PM, Chad Fowler wrote:

> On 28-Oct-04, at 5:56 PM, Paul Duncan wrote:
>
>> I'm looking for a bit of help from either Rich or Chad on doing one of
>> the following:
>>
>>   Overriding the UI object
>>
>>   or
>>
>>   Calculating a reverse-dependency map (figuring out all the packages
>>   that depend on a given gem, so I know what needs to be removed).

Have you seen the #dependent_gems method on the Gem::Specification
class?  It may do what you need here.

>> What I've got done so far is sitting in CVS; there's a ViewCVS
>> interface
>> to the repository at the following URL:
>>
>>   http://cvs.pablotron.org/?m=gemini
>>
>> And the anonymous CVS line to grab gemini is
>>
>> # cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at cvs.pablotron.org:/var/lib/cvs login
>> Enter password: <press enter>
>> # cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at cvs.pablotron.org:/var/lib/cvs co gemini
>>
>> You'll need Ruby 1.8, RubyGems, and the libglade2 bindings.

Anyone know if this'll work on Mac OS X?  Do I need the glade2 bindings
from ruby-gnome2?

>> Questions, comments, etc appreciated.

I'll try to get it installed this morning and give it a shot.  Thanks
for your effort on this.  Last I saw the screenshots, it looked great!

Chad