[Rubygems-developers] gem update: Message [lacks] a verb :-)

Hugh Sasse Staff Elec Eng hgs at dmu.ac.uk
Tue Oct 26 12:18:08 EDT 2004

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004, Mauricio [iso-8859-1] Fernández wrote:

> Funny that you take Japanese as an example, cause it's perfectly OK to
> omit the verb/subject etc ;-))

I admit my ignorance of Japanese! :-)  I'd love to fix that, but
<off-topic>... I chose it because of its high usage among rubyists.
Actually, that was setting myself up for ridicule, with so many
experts to tell me why it isn't a problem!
[Interesting that you can leave so much out.]

I think people WILL cope with this, generally, but why make it more
difficult than it needs to be?  That's really what I was trying to
say.

Consideration for langauge diversity and clarity were my sentiments.
I just hope no-one considered my attitude patronizing: the need
for clarity after machine translation is too often *my* need.

         Hugh