[Rubygems-developers] Issues, some Windows related:

Austin Ziegler halostatue at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 16:30:35 EDT 2004

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 15:24:17 -0400, Chad Fowler <chad at chadfowler.com> wrote:
> Thanks Austin.  This is a bunch of nice detail that will help for the
> next release.  I've got to get a compilation environment setup on
> windows I guess :(

There's another point, and I'm not sure "whose" fault it is.

I tried to do:
    gem install MultipartAlternativeLite latex needle neelix
ObjectGraph packrat RedCloth Rodo rublog ruby-cache sqlite-ruby swin
Syndic8-Ruby Technorati-Ruby vruby webgen

Just like I could do with rpa-base. It didn't work, so I changed it to
a batch file, like:

    gem install MultipartAlternativeLite
    gem install latex
    gem install Technorati-Ruby
    gem install vruby
    gem install webgen

On running this batch file, *only* the first call to gem (gem.cmd)
actually ran. I'm not sure you can do anything about this, but it's
important to know this limitation if it is the case (can gems be run
from a Windows batch file?).

Austin Ziegler * halostatue at gmail.com
               * Alternate: austin at halostatue.ca
: as of this email, I have [ 5 ] Gmail invitations