[Rubygems-developers] Adoption

Patrick May patrick at hexane.org
Fri Oct 22 19:36:32 EDT 2004

On Friday, October 22, 2004, at 09:49  AM, Paul Duncan wrote:
> I liked your idea about auto-gemifying RAA packages; that's one of the
> reasons I wanted access to some form of RAA project metadata list (XML,
> YAML, XML-RPC, SOAP, whatever).  But even raa-install is broken at the
> moment; if you look at the source code, it's fetching the project list
> from http://narf-lib.sf.net/raa/raa-xml-compacted.xml.gz, which is
> (presumably) a mirror of the now non-existant RAA raa-xml.xml file, so
> it hasn't updated since May 5th.

Yeah, raa-install's xml compacted was quite the hack.  Getting the xml
/ yaml files back up to date would be great.

Auto-gemifying RAA is a project that interests me (caveat: ditto on the
24h/day).  I was thinking about overriding the constants from
rbconfig.rb so that when I ran the appropriate installer, it would
stick things in the right spot for a gem file.

> Never trust a man with laminated business cards, that's what I say!
> :D

~ patrick