[Rubygems-developers] Adoption

Gavin Sinclair gsinclair at soyabean.com.au
Thu Oct 21 04:01:05 EDT 2004

On Thursday, October 21, 2004, 12:54:54 PM, Marcel wrote:

> Newcomer to the list here. A hello to everyone.

Hello Marcel!  Great to see more interested people.

> Aside from being interested in rubygems in general, I'd like to
> start seeing a lot of existing libraries and applications turned
> into gems. I'm sort of thinking of it in terms of porting the RAA to
> Gems ;). I've spoken briefly to Chad about this. I'd like to know
> what the list thinks of this and/or I'd like to get an idea from
> list members of what they think the most gem-worthy non-gemified
> libs are. [...]

I wouldn't worry about which ones are most worthy.  Just do them in
whatever order you see fit.

But since you asked, I'd really like to see all of Ian Macdonald's
software gemified, in particular rdict and acoc.  See www.caliban.org.

> I wouldn't mind gemifying a handful of libs a day for some time into
> the unforeseeable future. A pretty long list could be gradually
> dispatched rather painlessly. Thanks and glad to be here. Looking
> forward to it.

Thanks for the offer of effort.  I hope we can see some more cool gems
coming out soon.