[Rubygems-developers] Fwd: ruwiki gem install problems

Austin Ziegler halostatue at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 08:43:29 EST 2004

What do you guys think?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Austin Ziegler <halostatue at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 08:39:47 -0500
Subject: Re: ruwiki gem install problems
To: ruby-talk at ruby-lang.org

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 19:53:37 +0900, Henrik Horneber <ryco at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi!
> I was trying to install ruwiki via gem.

Bizarre. I get this as well, and I experience the same as you with
respect to being able to access the package via alternative tools,
including Archive::Tar::Minitar directly, so this appears to be a bug
with RubyGems, but I don't know exactly what the problem is. I will be
taking it up with the RubyGems developers directly. Alternatively, it
could be something to do with differing versions of Ruby on Windows. I
don't recall which version of the Ruby Windows installer I have on my
main Ruwiki development machine and the machine I just tested on (the
one at work).

Can anyone else verify this?

However, in researching this issue, I discovered an issue that I have
to fix (something in the Google redirect doesn't work as it should),
so I will be releasing 0.9.1 in the next two days (it may not be today
because I have not had nearly enough sleep, and I'm not sure where the
gem problem originates from).

In the meantime, change line 83 of lib/ruwiki/wiki/tokens/00default.rb to read:

Apparently, Google's redirector doesn't recognise the ; form of CGI
parameter escaping, so you must use the older &amp; form. Mauricio, if
you could update this on the RPA distribution, that would be fine.

> C:\temp\archive-tar-minitar-0.5.1>install
> Checking for test cases:
> Loaded suite Unnamed TestSuite
> Started
> .F...................
> Finished in 0.406 seconds.
>    1) Failure:
> test_each_works(TC_Tar__Input)
>      [./tests/tc_tar.rb:509:in `test_each_works'
>       ./tests/tc_tar.rb:504:in `each_with_index'
>       ./tests/tc_tar.rb:504:in `each'
>       ./lib/archive/tar/minitar.rb:679:in `each_entry'
>       ./lib/archive/tar/minitar.rb:605:in `loop'
>       ./lib/archive/tar/minitar.rb:605:in `each_entry'
>       ./lib/archive/tar/minitar.rb:587:in `each'
>       ./lib/archive/tar/minitar.rb:679:in `each'
>       ./tests/tc_tar.rb:504:in `each_with_index'
>       ./tests/tc_tar.rb:504:in `test_each_works'
>       ./tests/tc_tar.rb:502:in `open'
>       ./tests/tc_tar.rb:502:in `test_each_works']:
> <1072911600> expected but was
> <1072933200>.

I could not reproduce this.

Ruwiki doesn't directly need Archive::Tar::Minitar; it is mostly
needed for support for RubyGem and RPA installations (e.g., the ruwiki

Austin Ziegler * halostatue at gmail.com
               * Alternate: austin at halostatue.ca

Austin Ziegler * halostatue at gmail.com
               * Alternate: austin at halostatue.ca