[Rubygems-developers] Updating source index is slow

Tom Clarke tom.clarke at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 09:10:25 EST 2004

When thinking about this in the past, I thought that having windows
binaries and source for everything else might just work. Since when
people talk about platforms without a standardized build environment
they usually mean windows.

Putting binary packages aside, does gems support the necessary
features to do source packages for dbi - that is being able to pass
compilation options (perhaps like gentoo USE="mysql")?