[Rubygems-developers] 0.4.0 bugfix release

Gavin Sinclair gsinclair at soyabean.com.au
Sun May 30 21:13:55 EDT 2004

> FYI, Since we haven't seen a ton of activity recently on new features,
> I'm going to release 0.4.0 quietly this evening just to get the newest,
> least-buggy code out for people to test/comment on.
>
> Chad

Cool, thanks Chad.

Last night, a friend and I brainstromed the look and feel of a Repository
object.  I'll collect my notes and post a summary when I get a chance.

One thing, though.  I would like to support the mirroring of gems (i.e.
downloading them to a machine without installing them).  Those gems would
then be available for local install, or for serving to other machines.  Is
there support for this idea?

# It's not something your everyday user would use, but it would
# bring advantages to power users, and it would facilitate the creation
# of mirrors, obviously.

As a joke, I thought the holding place for such gems could be called the
"cellar" - i.e. putting them away for later consumption.  Then I realised
I couldn't think of anything better.  What do you think?

Gavin