[Rubygems-developers] What ever happened to the RubyGems Browser?

Curt Hibbs curt at curthibbs.us
Mon May 10 17:38:49 EDT 2004

Gavin Sinclair wrote:

> On Tuesday, May 11, 2004, 1:53:42 AM, Curt wrote, in part:
>
> Yes, I *really* like your idea about forcing the user to choose which
> gems they want installed when they perform a Windows Ruby
> installation.  That's a good demonstrator.

Hmmm... I was thinking more like giving them the 'opportunity' to choose.
:-)

Seriously though, I'd like to have the Windows Ruby Installer (through the
RubyGems Browser) be able to show a simplfied list of recommended installs
that are task based. Like "Web Development", "GUI Applications", or
"Statistical Analysis". Each choice would select a number of gems to
install. And the power user could see what was in a particular groups and
deselect individual gems.

Curt