[Rubygems-developers] What ever happened to the RubyGems Browser?

Curt Hibbs curt at curthibbs.us
Mon May 10 11:53:42 EDT 2004

Gavin Sinclair wrote:
> On Monday, May 10, 2004, 2:33:25 PM, Curt wrote:
> > Perhaps you've been wondering what happened to that GUI RubyGems Browser
> > that I said I was going to develop? Its still alive -- just delayed.
> > [...]
> Whoops!  You piggybacked an existing thread instead of starting a new
> one!  karma *= 0.98 :)

Sorry about that... I send email from different address and since mailman
doesn't like to get postings from an address that's different from the one
you subscribed be with, I will often post to an ML by opening an existing
message, doing a reply, and then clearing out all of the text (ensuring that
it gets sent through the same SMTP/POP3 server that I use for that ML.

Obviously, I didn't think that there would be other things in the header
that would cause it to thread incorrectly. I guess I'll have a change this

> Anyway, thanks for the update.  I'll be keen to play with whatever
> you've got whenever you've got it (says he who's never run a Ruby GUI
> app in his life...)

At this point its really just a shell with not much to see, but I'd be happy
to send it to you. You'd need to have wxRuby 0.3.0 installed which, in
turns, requires you to have wxWidgets (formerly known as wxWindows) 2.4.1

Of course, by the time I was really ready for anyone to try/use the RubyGems
browser, I would want to have wxRuby binary gems available for the major