[Rubygems-developers] Hey guys...

Gavin Sinclair gsinclair at soyabean.com.au
Tue May 4 17:42:14 EDT 2004

Nice to hear from you Ryan!  I hope you continue to like what you see.

On Wednesday, May 5, 2004, 5:07:56 AM, Ryan wrote:

> I do have one slightly negative comment to make though: where were all you guys
> two years ago?

IMO the next question (and answer) is the key.

> One of the main reasons I stopped working on this was a feeling of
> being overwhelmed by the work I had to do, and so I just
> procrastinated until I completely lost interest.

Ruby is an enabling technology, but two years ago many of the
practical aspects of the gems idea would have been a lot of work.
Now, Ruby does so much heavy lifting (YAML, Zlib, WEBrick, ...) that
the project becomes so much easier.

> Of course, better late than never.

Indeed!

Cheers,