[Rubygems-developers] RubyGems Alpha II?

Mauricio Fernández batsman.geo at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 30 22:54:48 EST 2004

On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 06:17:30PM -0000, Jim Weirich wrote:
> Chad Fowler said:
> > Anything else you all think we need before a release of Alpha II?
> The --gen-rdoc functionality needs to be able to run rdoc with options
> specified in the gemspec.  Currently the rake documentation generated by
> --gen-rdoc is missing documentation files and the main file is incorrectly
> selected.
> I think this can be addressed by adding rdoc_options and rdoc_files to the
> gem spec.  I can take this on if it is agreeable.

In my experience, r = RDoc::RDoc.new; r.document(options) couldn't be
called more than once per process. For rpa-base, I had to run rdoc with
system instead... has this happened to you too?

I guess you might have overlooked this since it would only happen when
more than one gem is installed, that is, in rubygems case, when a gem
depends on another, and IIRC there's only one gem with dependencies in
the central repos so far. I don't remember seeing any related test
case either...

Running Debian GNU/Linux Sid (unstable)
batsman dot geo at yahoo dot com

Whoa...I did a 'zcat /vmlinuz > /dev/audio' and I think I heard God...
	-- mikecd on #Linux