[Rubygems-developers] RubyGems Alpha II?

Chad Fowler chad at chadfowler.com
Tue Mar 30 09:57:51 EST 2004

Hello all,

   I think it's about time that we release Alpha II of RubyGems.  We have
created several new features since Alpha I, and it would be great to get
people trying them out and providing feedback (the Alpha I release was
extremely fruitful in getting you all to participate!):

* Installing "binary" gems from source
* Running gems' test suite on installation
* Installing and managing multiple versions of applications (like Rake)
* Major cleanup of gem --options
* Proxy support fixed/cleaned/finished
* gem command transparency for remote/local operations

There may be more that I'm not thinking of (my brain isn't working right
yet).

We obviously need to finish documenting all this stuff before releasing.

Anything else you all think we need before a release of Alpha II?

Chad