[Rubygems-developers] PATCH: Use configuration file

Gavin Sinclair gsinclair at soyabean.com.au
Sun Mar 28 12:44:34 EST 2004

Hi,

Attached is a patch for enabling 'gem' to read a configuration file.
It also cleans up the 'gem --help' output a little.

I've created

  http://rubygems.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?GemReference

and referred to that in 'gem --help'.  Please see that link for
details of the config file.

Note: this patch will probably clash with George's bin/gem patch,
since I applied that one before working on this.  I suggest *not*
applying his bin/gem patch, but manually inspecting it to see if
there's anything else in it that should be applied on top of mine.

Cheers,
Gavin