[Rubygems-developers] [patch] use open-uri in remote_installer.rb

Chad Fowler chad at chadfowler.com
Sat Mar 27 08:33:36 EST 2004

On Mar 27, 2004, at 8:27 AM, Gavin Sinclair wrote:

> On Sunday, March 28, 2004, 12:06:47 AM, Chad wrote:
>
>> Nice patch.  It's great to see all of those "-" symbols in the patch.
>> ;)
>
>> It has been applied.
>

> OK, that's good.  I noticed you changed bin/gem as well (the
> --http-proxy option).
>
> Should this option disappear, and just rely on a $HTTP_PROXY or
> $http_proxy environment variable?
>
> Proxies are so annoying...

As someone who spends  a lot of time behind proxies, I would rather
have the option to turn proxy support on and off from the command line.
  When I'm testing something, I might switch proxy support off for one
run of a program.  Having to do this with an environment variable is
particularly annoying. :)

Chad