[Rubygems-developers] RubyGem GUI Browser

Chad Fowler chad at chadfowler.com
Sat Mar 27 07:37:31 EST 2004

On Mar 27, 2004, at 2:50 AM, Gavin Sinclair wrote:

> On Saturday, March 27, 2004, 3:05:41 AM, Chad wrote:
>
>>> You brainstorming help would be munch appreciated.
>
>> I'm imagining something similar to an RSS news aggregator as an
>> interface.  [...]
>
> Hmmm, why not *have* an RSS feed for new gems?  That would be a handy
> way for people to find out about them, I think.

At RubyConf, I slapped a Rublog frontend on the gem repository.  I've
been planning to clean that up and include it whenever we have enough
gems for it to be worthwhile.  This gives us an RSS feed as well as a
reverse-chronological weblog view of the gem repository (in less than
10 lines of code, I believe).

Chad