[Rubygems-developers] Options directory not Initialized

Jim Weirich jim at weirichhouse.org
Sun Mar 21 21:00:59 EST 2004

The latest version of the gem command in CVS did not properly set the
install directory option, causing gems to be installed in my root
directory.  Obviously not a "good thing".  I've applied a patch to
initialize the directory.

There also seems to be a problem with the values returned from the
install procedures.  Part of the code expects a list of gem specs
returned, but the install procedures themselves seem to return only a
single gem.  This screws up the RDOC generating loop which expects the
list.  I didn't fix this, because I was unsure of the intent return
value (list or single spec).