[Rubygems-developers] where to stash non-library files

Jamis Buck jgb3 at email.byu.edu
Wed Mar 17 17:06:25 EST 2004

Chad Fowler wrote:

>> I know ruby-talk has had some discussion of installing binary
>> libraries, or compiling them from source, via gems. Do you have any
>> ideas about how you are going to accomplish this, or is it still
>> pretty much up in the air?
> Rich and I have been chatting about it over the past few days.  I think
> he's going to whip up a  prototype based on our discussions.

Glad to hear it.  I'm frankly chomping-at-the-bit for this feature,
since I've got a few libraries of mine with C modules I'd love to make
into gems (sqlite-ruby among them).

Jamis Buck
jgb3 at email.byu.edu

ruby -h | ruby -e
'a=[];readlines.join.scan(/-(.)\[e|Kk(\S*)|le.l(..)e|#!(\S*)/) {|r| a <<
r.compact.first };puts "\n>#{a.join(%q/ /)}<\n\n"'