[Rubygems-developers] where to stash non-library files

Jamis Buck jgb3 at email.byu.edu
Wed Mar 17 15:59:02 EST 2004

Chad Fowler wrote:

> What are your opinions, everyone?  I'm going to put the testing thing on
> the top of my TODO list.

Yay!  Do it! Do it! :)

I just "learned" Test::Unit last week, and put together a small test
suite for Copland using it.  I think it would be neat to have the unit
testing integrated with the gem install.  It would certainly encourage
developers to create unit tests.

I know ruby-talk has had some discussion of installing binary libraries,
or compiling them from source, via gems. Do you have any ideas about how
you are going to accomplish this, or is it still pretty much up in the air?

--
Jamis Buck
jgb3 at email.byu.edu
http://www.jamisbuck.org/jamis

ruby -h | ruby -e
'a=[];readlines.join.scan(/-(.)\[e|Kk(\S*)|le.l(..)e|#!(\S*)/) {|r| a <<
r.compact.first };puts "\n>#{a.join(%q/ /)}<\n\n"'