[Rubygems-developers] Naming conventions for source and binary gems?

Lyle Johnson lyle.johnson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 10:00:03 EDT 2004

I didn't see any responses to these questions from Jeff Mitchell on
the ruby-talk list:

Are there any established (or required) naming conventions for
"source" and "binary" gems yet? What do you guys think about Jeff's
proposed naming convention? It matters to me because I want the next
major release of FXRuby (the FXRuby 1.2 series) to be gems-based. That
means that, as a minimum, there will be a source gem as well as some
number of binary gems.