[Rubygems-developers] Suggestions regarding new CLI

Jim Weirich jim at weirichhouse.org
Thu Jun 24 06:33:51 EDT 2004

Chad Fowler wrote:
> This stuff looks nice.

> I believe the failing test is a result of unimplemented features,
> right?  Rich left it that way when he went on vacation as a flag, I
> think.  if you look through the file with the failing test, it's
> obviously still scaffolding.  It may be that with your recent
> refactoring work, the test is easier to get passing.  I've had very
> little time on this vacation to look at any of this I'm afraid.

Its hard to say.  If you run all the tests individually, they will all
pass.  Its only when two of the tests are run together in the same
session do you get the failing test.  That implies some interaction
between the tests, which is not good.  My feeling was that it has
something to do with the singleton nature of the CommandManager, which
is why I would like to break the class into something a bit smaller and
work with it.  Perhaps I should focus on the singleton aspect first.