[Rubygems-developers] Suggestions regarding new CLI

Chad Fowler chad at chadfowler.com
Tue Jun 22 15:55:45 EDT 2004

On 21/6/2004, at 5:05 PM, Jim Weirich wrote:

> Jim Weirich said:
>> Gavin Sinclair wrote:
>>> Anyway, I'm glad there's broad agreement there.  I'll get to work on
>>> them ASAP.
>> Gavin, Are you actively working in this area now.  I'm adding some
>> unit
>> tests the command area and doing a bit of refactoring.  I don't want
>> step on your toes.
> OK, I had time to break out the Command class into a separate file,
> unit
> test it and simplify it a bit.
> cmd_manager.rb still needs some examination.  There is a unit test
> that is
> broken involving the CmdManager class (something to do with its
> singleton
> nature).  But I won't get a chance to get back into the code until
> tonight
> or more likely tomorrow night.
> Perhaps just posting a quick note here before someone dives into the
> code
> and frequent CVS updates should keep us from stepping on other's toes.

FYI (already talked to Jim about this), I did some work on a long train
ride today with cmd_manager.rb and validator.rb.  I extracted the test
running stuff into Validator and then enabled running tests on
already-installed gems.  Unfortunately the CVS merge went too poorly
for the motivation I have tonight to finish.

And, of course, tomorrow I'll be goofing off in Berlin all day with the
family.  I can probably just recreate what I've done manually if need
be.  Not too much work now that I've done it once.