[Rubygems-developers] Suggestions regarding new CLI

Jim Weirich jim at weirichhouse.org
Mon Jun 21 11:05:00 EDT 2004

Jim Weirich said:
> Gavin Sinclair wrote:
>> Anyway, I'm glad there's broad agreement there.  I'll get to work on
>> them ASAP.
> Gavin, Are you actively working in this area now.  I'm adding some unit
> tests the command area and doing a bit of refactoring.  I don't want to
> step on your toes.

OK, I had time to break out the Command class into a separate file, unit
test it and simplify it a bit.

cmd_manager.rb still needs some examination.  There is a unit test that is
broken involving the CmdManager class (something to do with its singleton
nature).  But I won't get a chance to get back into the code until tonight
or more likely tomorrow night.

Perhaps just posting a quick note here before someone dives into the code
and frequent CVS updates should keep us from stepping on other's toes.