[Rubygems-developers] Suggestions regarding new CLI

Gavin Sinclair gsinclair at soyabean.com.au
Sun Jun 20 18:06:31 EDT 2004

On Sunday, June 20, 2004, 6:17:12 PM, Gavin wrote:

> I'm playing with gem2 currently and have some observations and
> suggestions.  (I'm writing 'gem' instead of 'gem2'.)
>
> [...]

10. I don't see a way in gem2 to do the equivalent of 'gem --info X'.
    Is that what 'gem2 query -n X --detailed' is supposed to do?  In
    any case, we should put some effort into *improving* the reporting
    capabilities here.  (Not sure in what way though :)

11. There are no friendly error messages when a bad command is given.

Gavin