[Rubygems-developers] UserInteraction capture capabilityimplemented

Chad Fowler chad at chadfowler.com
Thu Jun 17 13:27:19 EDT 2004

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004, Curt Hibbs wrote:

# Chad Fowler browser:
# >
# > I've been doing a little goofing around with a fox browser in my free
# > time, and this is working great there.  Of course, most of the browser
# > isn't using the IO stuff, but this is valuable for when we have
# > questions that need to be asked from deep inside the library.
# >
# > Btw, I'm not necessarily planning to finish the fox browser.  Mostly
# > just doing it to see what kind of problems I run into (re: our previous
# > threads on design).  It has led to some minor refactoring--including
# > what Rich has done here. :)
#
# Chad, feel free to finish the fox browser if you so choose.
#
# The main reason that I wanted to create RubyGems browser was because I want
# to include it in the Ruby Installer for Windows as a standard way for the
# user to choose additional packages to install (and, later, to update those
# packages with newer versions). A less important secondary reason was to
# produce a real app using wxRuby.
#
# That being said, I have no vested emotions in doing this myself, I just want
# the end-product. I'm currently in a period of *extremely* limited free time,
# and it would be at least a couple months before I'd be able to get back on
# the browser.
#
# So, if you want to continue to evolve your browser to become the real thing,
# please do (and let me know when I can package it into the windows installer
# :-).
#

Thanks, Curt.  I've got limited free time myself and WAY too many
projects. :)  So, we'll have a race to see who can do this the slowest.

Chad