[Rubygems-developers] UserInteraction capture capabilityimplemented

Curt Hibbs curt at curthibbs.us
Thu Jun 17 13:23:17 EDT 2004

Chad Fowler browser:
> I've been doing a little goofing around with a fox browser in my free
> time, and this is working great there.  Of course, most of the browser
> isn't using the IO stuff, but this is valuable for when we have
> questions that need to be asked from deep inside the library.
> Btw, I'm not necessarily planning to finish the fox browser.  Mostly
> just doing it to see what kind of problems I run into (re: our previous
> threads on design).  It has led to some minor refactoring--including
> what Rich has done here. :)

Chad, feel free to finish the fox browser if you so choose.

The main reason that I wanted to create RubyGems browser was because I want
to include it in the Ruby Installer for Windows as a standard way for the
user to choose additional packages to install (and, later, to update those
packages with newer versions). A less important secondary reason was to
produce a real app using wxRuby.

That being said, I have no vested emotions in doing this myself, I just want
the end-product. I'm currently in a period of *extremely* limited free time,
and it would be at least a couple months before I'd be able to get back on
the browser.

So, if you want to continue to evolve your browser to become the real thing,
please do (and let me know when I can package it into the windows installer