[Rubygems-developers] Question about RDoc Files

Chad Fowler chad at chadfowler.com
Wed Jun 16 16:26:31 EDT 2004

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004, Jim Weirich wrote:

# Chad Fowler wrote:
# >> This can probably be easily fixed, but before I make any changes, was
# >> the choice of absolute file names deliberate? (or arbitrary ... sorry,
# >> don't go there).  I seem to recall some rdoc path problems with
# >> windows machines and don't want to break anything there.
# >
# > I could accept absolutely no less than absolute file names.
#
# Yes, you could accept that, which leaves open the possibility that you
# could also accept relatively no less than relative file names.
#
# I think ??
#
# > I say give the change a try. :)
#
# I have done so and have included the patch below.  I didn't apply it to
# the source, because it does touch the code that detects drive letters to
# support rdocs on a different windows drive than the current directory (I
# _think_ that's the purpose of the code).
#
# So, could someone on a windows box could try the patch and see if I
# broke --gen-rdoc on a windows platform?
#

I tried this at work and it worked as far as I could tell.  Can you go
ahead and apply to CVS?  If others have a chance to test (specifically
Rich, who has been in the middle of this one for a while) it would be
great.

Chad