[Rubygems-developers] Question about RDoc Files

Jim Weirich jim at weirichhouse.org
Tue Jun 15 18:59:54 EDT 2004

I noticed that all the RDoc files installed with the --gen-rdoc option
use absolute file names.

(1) This looks ugly in the RDoc file listing because all the names are
too long for the file list box.  You can't see the actual file name
without scrolling.

(2) It prevents me from specifying the main file with the --main option.
  Since I don't know where the gem is actually installed on any given
system, I can't give the full absolute path.

This can probably be easily fixed, but before I make any changes, was
the choice of absolute file names deliberate? (or arbitrary ... sorry,
don't go there).  I seem to recall some rdoc path problems with windows
machines and don't want to break anything there.