[Rubygems-developers] Going to refactor stuff...need some exclusive access for a few days

Chad Fowler chad at chadfowler.com
Thu Jun 10 10:34:45 EDT 2004

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, Chad Fowler wrote:

#
# On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, Richard Kilmer wrote:
#
# # The title says it all.  I want to refactor the command stuff to do what
# # folks have been saying...that is, the first arg will be a command then
# # options will follow.
# #
# # I am going to address the IO issues too (stdout/err/in) to handle user
# # interaction in an abstracted way.  I just don't want to cause CVS merge
# # issues...
# #
# # I will try to have all my stuff done by Friday night.
# #
#
# Excellent!  Personally, I'm traveling for the next two days, so that
# sounds great to me.  Really looking forward to seeing the new interface.
#
# On that note, I think  I've got a simple solution in mind for doing user
# interaction without too much coupling.  Bounced it off Rich and got some
# good ideas there, too.  Will let you all know when I can show you
# something.
#

One additional note while you're in there: Gavin had posted some ideas on
the Release Planning page of the wiki to be able to generate RDoc and run
unit tests on already-installed gems.  That would be a great thing to keep
in mind and possible implement while you're touching all this code.

Chad