[Rubygems-developers] Design notes for RubyGems 2

Curt Hibbs curt at hibbs.com
Mon Jun 7 15:38:22 EDT 2004

Gavin Sinclair wrote:
> Hi folks,
> Attached are my notes about the idea of a repository for RubyGems and
> much else.  I hope you find it enjoyable reading :)

This is excellent!

Looks like my delay in being able to work on the RubyGems Browser may work
to my advantage.  :-)

I only have one minor comment -- its seems like gross overkill to have to
download the entire gem just to get at the readme. This might not be a big
deal for many gems, but some of the gems I'm likely to be creating could
easily run 2 to 10mb.

How about updating the gem spec to allow a copy of the readme be there, then
the gem spec would have everything you need.