[Rubygems-developers] update-dist request from rubytalk

Chad Fowler chad at chadfowler.com
Mon Jun 7 11:19:54 EDT 2004

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004, Gavin Sinclair wrote:

# On Tuesday, June 8, 2004, 12:27:20 AM, Gavin wrote:
#
# > On Monday, June 7, 2004, 11:17:50 PM, Jim wrote:
#
# >> I'm forwarding this to the gem developer list so that it won't get lost.
# >> This is an excellent idea.
#
# >> For those who aren't aware, --update-dist in a Debian distribution will
# >> download and install updates for only those packages that are already
# >> installed.
#
# > ACK.
#
# > We'll certainly get that in at some stage.  That sort of thing is a
# > key driver behind the repository idea.
#
# self.slap
#
# I thought it meant update all the gems you have installed.  It means
# update Rubygems itself.  What a great idea!
#

Actually, the post Jim's talking about *is* about updating the gems you
have installed.

Chad