[Rubygems-developers] Adding arbitrary files to be rdoc'd

Gavin Sinclair gsinclair at soyabean.com.au
Sat Jun 5 05:58:32 EDT 2004

On Saturday, June 5, 2004, 12:24:44 PM, Chad wrote:

> This feature is in, with an unintelligent file list.  Give it a try
> (especially Jim) and tweak as desired.  I didn't include an exclusion
> feature.  Just and array of "extra_rdoc_files" that can be added to the
> spec:

> s.extra_rdoc_files = Dir.glob(....)

> I also reformatted the gem list/search output to compress multiple
> versions of a single gem into one entry with all of the versions listed.
> I've been meaning to do it and Gabriele Renzi reminded me on ruby-talk.

> We also have extra rdoc options available in the spec (spec.rdoc_options =
> []) and Jim's version enhancements.  Smells like release time.  The
> changes aren't huge, but I can see the momentum build with each new
> release, and I think we should keep it up.

Yes, that's enough changes for one release.  Can we just see Jim's new
Rake gem (public or private) with the latest spec features to see how
it goes?

I just tried out the new listing feature and noticed this:

  RedCloth (2.0.10, 2.0.11, 2.0.2, 2.0.3, 2.0.4, 2.0.5, 2.0.6, 2.0.7, 2.0.8, 2.0.9)

Could you please fix the ordering of the versions?  I'm just working
on the Repository interface, so might get to it later.

Gavin