[Rubygems-developers] Adding arbitrary files to be rdoc'd

Chad Fowler chad at chadfowler.com
Fri Jun 4 22:24:44 EDT 2004

This feature is in, with an unintelligent file list.  Give it a try
(especially Jim) and tweak as desired.  I didn't include an exclusion
feature.  Just and array of "extra_rdoc_files" that can be added to the

s.extra_rdoc_files = Dir.glob(....)

I also reformatted the gem list/search output to compress multiple
versions of a single gem into one entry with all of the versions listed.
I've been meaning to do it and Gabriele Renzi reminded me on ruby-talk.

We also have extra rdoc options available in the spec (spec.rdoc_options =
[]) and Jim's version enhancements.  Smells like release time.  The
changes aren't huge, but I can see the momentum build with each new
release, and I think we should keep it up.