[Rubygems-developers] Gem-Spec Meta Information

Mehr, Assaph (Assaph) assaph at avaya.com
Mon Jul 26 23:45:43 EDT 2004

> Rich and Chad are working on it (probably as we speak... er... write).

Care to have a (virtual) beer while they're working?

>> This may make sense to very big apps, but for my purposes keeping a
>> tighter link with the ruby runtime is OK.

> I think your approach is just fine for your objectives.

> My comments come from my personal perspective of wanting to create and
> distribute apps for "the masses" -- non-technical users who would know
> ruby-gem from a diamond... :-)

I know the feeling. It's all just building blocks, one after the
other...
I would never have dreamt of my proposal if running  a local gem_server
wasn't
just *so* damn easy. That gave me the idea that I can distribute
internal
apps in a bit more sophisticated way. Once we get this easy deployment
in
an internal environment, rolling something a bit better to your grandma
shouldn't be a big step :)