[Rubygems-developers] Gem sources

Mehr, Assaph (Assaph) assaph at avaya.com
Thu Jul 22 00:46:50 EDT 2004

Follow-up:

1. OK, so I'm stupid. I copied the open-uri.rb from 1.9 but didn't copy
also the net library.

2. I think some of the redirection happens on rubyforge. In the sources
gem, changing the default source from http://rubyforge.org to
http://gems.rubyforge.org helped a bit (before solving the problem by
copying the net lib).

3. In my patch for the --source option, aparently the "-s" version
causes collisions with other options. This prevented it from working
with the install command. Therefore, if you choose to apply the patch,
please use only the full option name.

Thanks for the gems,
Assaph

Ps. Will there ever be an option on windows to associate file types with
particular application gems?