[Rubygems-developers] [Fwd: Re: R: rubygems undefined method 'loaded_from=' for nil::NilClass]

Jim Weirich jim at weirichhouse.org
Wed Jul 14 07:51:30 EDT 2004

I've been working with Petrucci Fabio in debugging a problem he had with
rubygems.  He posted initially on the ruby-talk list and we tracked it
down to a problem with the installation of the sws gem on his system.
Somehow, it looks like the gemspec in the specifications directory was
invalid and attempting to load it returned nil for the gemspec.

Certainly adding more robust handling of reading the gemspec file is
called for, but I don't understand how his sws gem installation got
fouled up in the first place. (sws installs fine on my system).

Read the forwarded message for more details.