[Rubygems-developers] Format backward compatability

Chad Fowler chad at chadfowler.com
Tue Jul 13 15:59:20 EDT 2004

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, Mauricio [iso-8859-1] Fernández wrote:

# On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 03:36:38PM -0400, Richard Kilmer wrote:
# > You cannot install a prior formatted gem, can you?
# Surely not; I was referring to existent functionality while staying
# with the new format, not to cross-format safety.  Actually, I was a bit
# surprised to see this committed so quickly, before deciding what you
# wanted to do regarding backwards compatibility...

I opted to move quickly to avoid letting the patch stagnate.  This forces
us to figure it out.