[Rubygems-developers] Quick feature request: cd to directory of a gem

Mauricio Fernández batsman.geo at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 13 11:25:53 EDT 2004

On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 10:07:32PM +1000, Gavin Sinclair wrote:
> Sorry dude; just added it.  The format of the gem is irrelevant to the
> feature.  I'd rather not deal with gem files directly, no matter how

Right, this is independent from the actual format since it can use
Gem::Format, which abstracts it.

> they're represented.
>
>   $ gem unpack rake
>   Unpacked gem: 'rake-0.4.3'
>
>   $ gem unpack rake -v '< 0.4'
>   Unpacked gem: 'rake-0.3.1'
[...]

Isn't the very point of this being able to take a look at the sources
before installing? That's how I implemented it.

--
Running Debian GNU/Linux Sid (unstable)
batsman dot geo at yahoo dot com

<doogie> Thinking is dangerous.  It leads to ideas.
	-- Seen on #Debian