[Rubygems-developers] Download statistics

Jim Weirich jim at weirichhouse.org
Sat Jul 10 13:00:31 EDT 2004

Jamis Buck wrote:
> I'm wondering if there would be an automated way to present "download
> stats" for the various gems. I know, as a gem author, I am curious to
> know how frequently my gems have been downloaded, but it would also be
> interesting to see the "top 10" gems, or some other such "silly"
> statistic. :)
> Is there a way to do this now? Is this something that anyone else would
> find valuable?

Are you talking about RubyForge, or your own local gem_server?  It seems
to me this information could be kept and persisted by the gemserver.  I
haven't looked at the code, but it shouldn't be too difficult to add.
Its a matter of priorities at this point.  (Does rubyforge run the
standard gemserver?  I've never checked.)