[Rubygems-developers] --prefix and --install-stub

Jim Weirich jim at weirichhouse.org
Fri Jul 9 13:28:35 EDT 2004

Kirill A. Shutemov wrote:
> Sorry for mail format. Try again.
> I add --prefix option. It's useful for create RPM(and other packages) from
> *.gem.
> I also change work of --install-stub. Now it accept directory where stub
> will be instlled. It's using by --prefix.
> Patch in attachment. Please, look at this.

Thanks for the patch.  I have a few questions though.

(1) Its not clear to me exactly what --prefix is doing.  I see that
--install-stub is changed, but it looks like the --prefix option is
silently ignored.

(2) How will --prefix interact with the other directory options.  Are
they relative to --prefix?  Independent?  I'm not sure how they will