[Rubygems-developers] gem format

Chad Fowler chad at chadfowler.com
Fri Jul 9 09:44:35 EDT 2004

I don't have the file locked myself.  Tom, sorry to bother you but could
you take a look?  I checked it myself and couldn't see anything obviously
wrong.

Thanks,
Chad

 On Fri, 9 Jul 2004, Jim Weirich wrote:

# Chad Fowler wrote:
# > I'm happy to release any time.  You and Rich have done most of the
# > changes on this one.  How do you feel about it now?  Perhaps one of you
# > would like to package it up and announce?
#
# I am in the process of releasing version 0.7.0, but ran into a snag.
# When I do a cvs tag command, I get the following ...
#
# $ cvs tag release_0_7_0
# cvs tag: Tagging .
# T .cvsignore
# T ChangeLog
# [... lots of tagging output elided ...]
# cvs tag: Tagging test/mock/gems/gems/sources-0.0.1
# cvs tag: Tagging test/mock/gems/gems/sources-0.0.1/lib
# T test/mock/gems/gems/sources-0.0.1/lib/sources.rb
# cvs tag: Tagging test/mock/gems/specifications
# cvs [tag aborted]: could not open lock file
# `/var/cvs/rubygems/rubygems/test/mock/gems/specifications/,sources-0.0.1.gemspec,':
# Permission denied
#
# Changes to the sources-0.0.1.gemspec cannot be committed either.  Does
# someone have this file locked?  Or is our CVS repository screwed?
#
# --
# -- Jim Weirich    jim at weirichhouse.org     http://onestepback.org
# "Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct,
# not tried it." -- Donald Knuth (in a memo to Peter van Emde Boas)
#
# Rubygems-developers mailing list
# Rubygems-developers at rubyforge.org