[Rubygems-developers] gem format

Jim Weirich jim at weirichhouse.org
Fri Jul 9 09:28:37 EDT 2004

Chad Fowler wrote:
> I'm happy to release any time.  You and Rich have done most of the
> changes on this one.  How do you feel about it now?  Perhaps one of you
> would like to package it up and announce?

I am in the process of releasing version 0.7.0, but ran into a snag.
When I do a cvs tag command, I get the following ...

$ cvs tag release_0_7_0
cvs tag: Tagging .
T .cvsignore
T ChangeLog
[... lots of tagging output elided ...]
cvs tag: Tagging test/mock/gems/gems/sources-0.0.1
cvs tag: Tagging test/mock/gems/gems/sources-0.0.1/lib
T test/mock/gems/gems/sources-0.0.1/lib/sources.rb
cvs tag: Tagging test/mock/gems/specifications
cvs [tag aborted]: could not open lock file
`/var/cvs/rubygems/rubygems/test/mock/gems/specifications/,sources-0.0.1.gemspec,':
Permission denied

Changes to the sources-0.0.1.gemspec cannot be committed either.  Does
someone have this file locked?  Or is our CVS repository screwed?