[Rubygems-developers] Wiki Spam -- GRRRRRR!

Jim Weirich jim at weirichhouse.org
Thu Dec 30 11:34:45 EST 2004

Tom Copeland said:
> On Thu, 2004-12-30 at 10:54, Curt Hibbs wrote:
>> I thought that your usemod patch had been installed on the RubyGems wiki
>> (the one that requires HTTP instead of http for external links). Am I
>> wrong
>> about this?
>
> It wasn't, but now it is, and I've converted the "http"s on the front
> page to be "HTTP"s.

Thanks.  I was actually despamming pages (yes, again, the same 30 pages
even!) while you did the install.  For about a 30 seconds the pages were
all coming back empty!  Wow, did I panic.

Then the pages came back and I started getting external link errors and I
suspected that you were busy behind the scenes.

Thanks!  I hope this will hold us until the RuWiki authorization is in place.