[Rubygems-developers] RubyGem Issues

Assaph Mehr assaph at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 07:39:57 EST 2004

Hi Guys,

Two issues:

1. Something I recieved re installing Pimki as a gem. As far as I can
tell it's not a Pimki issue as I can install it fine. It maybe a gem
under linux issue. This is the complete info I recieved from the user:

gem install pimki
Attempting local installation of 'pimki'
Local gem file not found: pimki*.gem
Attempting remote installation of 'pimki'
/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/yaml.rb:39: [BUG] rb_gc_mark(): unknown data
type 0x10(0xb7f79840) non object
ruby 1.8.1 (2003-12-25) [i686-linux]

2. 'require_gem' in 0.8.3 seem to have lost the capacity to receive a
single parameter. In 0.8.1 I was able to write both:
  require_gem 'redcloth', '< 3.0.0'
  require_gem 'bluecloth'

In 0.8.3, the second line bombs. Was the behaviour changed intentionally?

(ruby 1.8.2-pr3, gems 0.8.3, WinXP).