[Rubygems-developers] ruby setup.rb all not working?

Gavin Sinclair gsinclair at soyabean.com.au
Wed Dec 15 08:36:04 EST 2004

I don't know about you, but I can't seem to install RubyGems using
setup.rb.  I've removed my previous installation, to ensure I was
testing against my project files, not installed files.  Now I can't

A quick look through setup.rb doesn't enlighten me.

Here is the transcript:

$ RUBYOPT= ruby setup.rb all
Processing the package `sources' ...
---> lib
<--- lib
Processing the package `sources' ...
---> lib
<--- lib
Processing the package `sources' ...
rm -f InstalledFiles
---> lib
mkdir -p /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/
install sources.rb /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/
<--- lib

As of RubyGems 0.8.0, library stubs are no longer needed.
Searching $LOAD_PATH for stubs to optionally delete (may take a while)...
No library stubs found.

  Successfully built RubyGem
  Name: sources
  Version: 0.0.1
  File: sources-0.0.1.gem

Any suggestions?  Any other experiences?