[Rubygems-developers] 0.8.3 Documentation

Curt Hibbs curt at hibbs.com
Sat Dec 11 01:49:15 EST 2004

Jim Weirich wrote:
> We have been hit *bad* with wiki spam.  In some causes actual
> page content was
> lost because we did not uncover the spam in time.  In particular, the
> Environment variable page was trashed and the original contest
> was no longer
> in the history.

I had the same thing happen to me. After that I spent 1+ hours a day
cleaning up the spam from multiple wiki sites. But since I had Tom Copeland
install the patch that disallows external links unless the http part is
upper case, I have not had a single spam attack (aren't you the one who
created this patch??).

You should ask Tom to install this patch on the RubyGems wiki so that this
does not happen anymore (later we can all move to Ruwiki once its ready to
go with RubyForge authentication).